What it is
We want to help men truly live out Proverbs 27:17 and be iron sharpening iron in each others’ lives. Men's Mentoring pairs a small group of high-potential men with a more senior mentor for 10 months. The goal is to help these men live more and more as wholehearted disciples of Christ.
The commitment involves being part of a monthly small group that focuses on carefully selected books (one per month), Scripture memorization (two brief passages per month), personal transparency, and a desire and willingness to become more like Jesus.
The vision is to help Christian men of all ages live God-centered lives, fulfill their God-given potential, and become mentors themselves to the next generation.
At a Glance
- Who: 6-8 guys, 1 mentor per group
- What: read 1 book a month, study and memorize 2 brief Scripture passages per month, fully participate in all meetings and discussions
- When: 9 three-hour sessions and 1 overnight retreat over 10 months, Feb - Nov
- Where: Mentor's house
- Why: changed lives
Topics of Study
Who is God?
How to Read the Bible
Sexual Temptation/Spiritual Warfare
- Registrations begin - each fall for the next year's session
- Info Meetings - After each service in Room 200A on Sunday, Jan 11.
- Application Deadline - Sunday, January 25, 2015 Submit online
- Launch Night - Tuesday, February 10, 2015 6:30-9:30 p.m. Life Center
Who is the ideal Group Participant?
- Male, age ranges from 20’s to 50’s
- Groups for singles and marrieds
- A desire for personal, spiritual growth in Christ
- Teachable: the willingness to be self-reflective and have tough skin is a necessity for the life change aimed at in this mentoring
- Willingness to replicate the process by becoming a group mentor at least once in the future—pass it on!
- Cost: $150 fee for all books and materials. (ask about E-book options)
- Each mentoring group will do a culminating overnight retreat at their own expense.
Mentoree and Spouse Covenant
Click below to apply now.